For over a century, Rosedale Presbyterian Church has been actively engaged in mission locally, nationally and internationally. Our mission-minded history continues to this day with our partnerships in St. James Town, participation in Boarding Homes Ministry, and education efforts in Malawi, amongst others.
In the early 20th century, as RPC was preparing to build on her present site, she received an urgent appeal for financial assistance to build a church in China. Diverting funds from her own construction budget, Rosedale sent $3000 for the construction of the first Rosedale Church - in Hunan Province, China, in 1908.
Following the First World War, Rosedale Memorial Hospital was built to provide medical services in northern Ontario at Matheson. What was to be a congregational young women's project to support the salary of one nurse, developed into the funding of a full medical facility.